1. It can lift up our mood, and make us feel better – Studies have linked massage to an improvement in mood, as a result of lowering cortisol levels in the body by as much 30%, which in turn increases the chemical serotonin. Cortisol is the hormone responsible for stress, whist serotonin is a chemical in the body that fights pain and helps contribute to feelings happiness and wellbeing.
2. It brings focus back to the body – When you are getting a massage, whether it be to your back, shoulders, legs or head, a focus point is brought back to the physical body. It can be a great opportunity to look after yourself to prevent the aches and pains occurring in the first place.
3. It is deeply relaxing – In our hectic modern world, having a space where you can let go and deeply relax invaluable. The best past is, do something more useful!Yep – when you have a massage, there is nothing to do but relax and feel.
4. It can improve flexibility and range of motion – When we are moving our body, then isn’t increasing our range of motion. Massage has been shown to support an increase of flexibility in the body which in turn improves an individual’s range of motion.
5. It can support with our aches and pains – Massage is ability to reduce pain, and numerous studies that link massage to a significant reduction in pain via reducing stiffness as well as inflammation.