What is HIFU?
HIFU is a cosmetic procedure that uses ultrasound energy to target specific areas of the skin. It uses a device that provides a concentrated skin tightening and face lifting effect. It’s also a wrinkle removal and beauty enhancement machine. The ultrasound waves it gives off produce heat. And this heat helps to improve both blood circulation and promote collagen production. This can result in firmer, smoother, and more youthful-looking skin.
What is HIFU good for?
Aesthetic benefits are one of the many reasons to love HIFU. This treatment uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production to reduce wrinkles. The results that come after are smoother and firmer skin. And because it targets the deep layers of your tissue, the effects of using a HIFU machine can be long-lasting. This makes it an ideal treatment for those who are looking to achieve a more youthful appearance.
If you’re unhappy with the way your skin is ageing or the way it sags with every year that passes, then HIFU is your best friend. It can be used to target specific areas of the face and neck, including the area around the jawline and the neck (sometimes called turkey neck). Not only that but it can also be used for the tightening of the décolletage. This can be a very difficult area to tighten with diet and exercise alone.
Finally, HIFU can be used to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, lifting the cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids. And to top it all off, it’s also ideal for enhancing your jawline definition. It can give you that more chiselled look you desire.
HIFU offers several unique benefits that set it apart from other treatments. It’s a more appealing option for many patients than any other wrinkle treatment available. First, it is a non-invasive procedure, which means there is no need for anaesthesia or incisions. Second, it is quick and convenient, with most treatments taking less than an hour. Finally, HIFU can provide long-lasting results, often lasting for several years.
What is the difference between HIFU, Ultherapy, or Thermage?
HIFU, Ultherapy, and Thermage are all non-invasive cosmetic treatments that can help to improve the appearance of skin. However, each treatment works differently.
Ultherapy is similar to HIFU in the sense that it also uses ultrasound energy. But it targets the deeper layers of skin to stimulate collagen production by using real-time imaging. This can help to improve skin laxity and achieve a lifting effect. While thermage uses radiofrequency energy to heat tissue and promote collagen production.
All three treatments are used for the same purpose. They are all safe and effective at tightening your skin and reducing wrinkles. The main difference is the technology used to deliver these results. However, not everyone will be suited for these treatments.
How do you know if HIFU is for you?
We know that everyone desires to slow down the ageing process. We are with you on that journey but not everyone will travel the same path.
HIFU can help people according to their face shapes and conditions. In general, it’s more suitable for people with a heavier lower face, prominent jowls, double chins, or excess facial fat. The main reason for this is that the benefits that HIFU gives are mainly designed for these facial features. All of these are prone to sagging and can cause you to look older than you are.
HIFU is often compared with the popular Thermage, and for good reason. They both provide aesthetic benefits mainly for your face. Though Thermage is more suitable for patients with more skin laxity, fine facial lines, and a thinner face. These differences make clear distinctions on whether HIFU is better for you or going for Thermage instead
What does HIFU do and how long does it last?
For the procedure itself, the HIFU device is placed against the skin.
A physician or technician adjusts the right setting for the ultrasound viewer. Ultrasound energy is then delivered to the target area in short pulses for roughly 30 to 90 minutes. HIFU works by delivering ultrasound energy to the skin. This then creates a controlled injury. Not to worry though as this process happens under your skin and no wound will be made. The damage stimulates the body’s natural healing process.
The result is tighter and smoother skin. It will have reduced your wrinkles and improved your skin’s tone and texture. The device is then removed at the end of each session.
Cost of HIFU treatment
We offer two ideal treatment packages that will suit your aesthetic needs:
- Full Face: $1,500 – 60 minutes
- Now 34% Discount $990
- Double Chin only: $700 – 30 minutes
- Neck only: $700 – 30 minutes
- Now 50% Discount $350
You can also check more available treatments we offer you might fancy here: MAKE A BOOKING HERE
What other services do you offer?
- Remedial Massage: Involves working the soft tissue of the body, to ease day-to-day stresses and muscular tension, and promote relaxation. It helps to increase the delivery of blood and oxygen to the treated areas and can also be used in support of other therapies to assist in the rehabilitation of muscular injuries.
- Capital Signature Massage: Our recommended massage is designed to nurture the body. It uses a mix of traditional Thai Massage and Swedish Massage techniques. We use specially selected scented massage oils to assist in calming the mind and gently rejuvenating the body. This is an ideal massage for those committing to improving their general well-being as it helps to rebalance both the body and mind.
- Swedish Massage: A massage technique designed to disperse physical tension from the body in a gentle way by loosening tight muscles and reducing stiffness, removing energy blockages within the body, and increasing blood and lymph circulation.
- Royal Thai Massage: Unblocks trapped energy and increases vitality. Also known as Passive Yoga, our expert therapists manoeuvre your body into yoga-like stretching positions, gently applying pressure along the meridians and mobilising joints. No oil is used during this treatment.
- Aromatic Hot Stone Massage: A combination of heated volcanic stones and warm massage oils is applied to massage the whole body at the deep muscle level. This signature treatment is found to release tension, promote circulation, combat nervous fatigue and create a positive energy flow in the body.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Relaxes the body, drains toxins, and allows for the release of deeply held patterns of tension in the muscles. The techniques used during this relieving treatment all help to increase blood and lymph flow, so that muscles can once again operate at full capacity.
- Aromatherapy Oil Massage: A favourite massage of regular customers. It uses an ancient therapeutic method of pressure point massage utilising essential oils from plants, leaves, and flowers that are applied to the body with a Swedish Massage technique. A good treatment to reward yourself after a long day of work or travel, the treatment is found to stimulate blood flow and lymph fluid.
- Thai Herbal Compress Massage: This soothing treatment increases energy flow, improves circulation, relaxes deep muscle tissue, treats otherwise unreachable energy lines, and stimulates nerve endings to promote the body’s natural healing process. The aromatic herbs used in hot compresses stimulate the senses and aid deep relaxation; they include Kaffir Lime, Prai, and Camphor.
- Head, Neck, Shoulder, and Foot Massage or Hand Massage: Provides benefits from head to toe. We start with an Oriental Foot Massage (or Hand Massage), then a Neck and Shoulder Massage to eliminate tension-causing stress and any chronic pain. Finally, a Head Massage stimulates scalp circulation, soothes and restores energy flow to the temples. The benefits are marvellous and immediate – total relaxation, the release of tension, relief from fatigue, and increased alertness and concentration.
- Foot Reflexology: Helps induce deep relaxation. By understanding how the body’s organs respond to gentle pressure to reflex points on the feet, our experts can use reflexology to stimulate the body’s natural healing processes. This is an especially nurturing treatment after a day’s travelling or walking.
- Pregnancy Massage: Relaxing massage designed for mothers-to-be with gentle massage long strokes to relax and relieve tension in the muscles in the back shoulders arms and legs during this wondrous time of change. Recommended once a month until 27 weeks, and twice a month until 36 weeks.
- Sports Massage: Uses deep massage strokes to prepare you for intense exercise or to reduce soreness caused by the build-up of lactic acid during exercise. A sports massage will ease physical injuries by stretching and toning damaged muscles, resulting in decreased recovery time.We also offer a wide range of services outside HIFU. We provide an amazing selection of services that is unbeatable around Canberra.
On top of HIFU treatments, we also offer a variety of Spa Treatments:
- HIEMT (High-Intensity Electromagnetic Treatment): Targets the fat layers of the body. The stimulation received induces muscle contractions in the targeted area. This results in fat loss and muscle gain.
- EmSlim – Incontinence Therapy: Helps tighten and lift the specific group of muscles surrounding the Pelvic Floor. Assists in activating the collagen regeneration of the muscle tissue. Solves the problem of urine infiltration and incontinence, and indirectly achieves the effect of tightening vaginal walls. See initial results after only 2 or 3 sessions.
- Facial Spa and Clean: Provides a gentle yet effective facial using organic products suitable for all skin types. Our treatment is designed to detoxify the skin and promote beautifully radiant skin. Treatment includes cleansing, scrubbing, massage, toning, and moisturising.
- Body Scrub: Removes dead skin cells and opens the skin pores. It can also unclog pores and prevent ingrown hairs. This leaves your skin smoother and more even. Moisturiser will be better absorbed leaving you feeling clean and refreshed.
- Thai Herbal Steam Therapy: Improves circulation and assists in relaxation. Steam inhalation may also help relax and reduce stress levels. Improvements in sleep quality are often attributed to this type of therapy.
Most people will need 2 to 3 treatments, spaced 4 to 6 months apart, to see optimal results. However, some people may only need a single treatment or may need more frequent treatments (every 2 to 3 months) to maintain their results.
Exposing treated areas to the sun for at least two weeks
Any strenuous activity for at least 24 hours after treatment
Hot showers or baths for at least 24 hours after treatment
Alcohol for at least 24 hours after treatment
There may be some discomfort during the treatment but it is not painful. The discomfort is generally well tolerated by patients.
Yes, HIFU is safe for most people. The risks are similar to those associated with other types of cosmetic procedures, such as lasers and injections. Rare side effects may include skin irritation, bruising, and swelling.
Most people report feeling back to normal within a few days of having HIFU. Some swelling and bruising are to be expected and may take up to 2 weeks to resolve completely.
Before the procedure, you will meet with your doctor to discuss your goals and expectations. They will also assess your skin type and condition. Once you have decided to proceed with HIFU, you will need to prepare for the treatment. This includes avoiding sun exposure and using a gentle cleanser on the day of the procedure.
After the procedure, you may experience some redness and swelling. These side effects are typically mild and resolve within a few days. You may also notice some tightness in the treated area. These effects are temporary and should not last more than a week or two.