A Swedish Massage is a classic and one of the most common massages you can find. It’s a gentle massage technique designed to help you unwind and achieve a state of total relaxation. This massage is ideal if you are looking for stress relief and overall wellness.
It’s a full-body massage designed to loosen up tight muscles and reduce stiffness by dispersing the physical tension accumulated in the body and is great for those that are new to professional massages. Furthermore, it removes energy blockages and increases blood and lymph circulation.
During a Swedish Massage, our therapists use a series of light, long strokes that flow toward the heart, which improves blood flow. They will also employ other techniques for soft tissue manipulation that will help ease tension, melt away stress, and re-energize your body and mind.
Swedish Massage is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a gentle and relaxing massage experience. It can help to reduce stress and anxiety, relieve muscle tension, and promote overall relaxation and well-being.
- Loosens tight muscles and reduces stiffness.
- Removes energy blockages within the body.
- Increases blood and lymph circulation.
- Reduces stress and improves mood.
What to Expect
Before the massage, our therapists will provide a full consultation, asking you various questions about your health and lifestyle. This is to ensure the treatment is right for you and that we have a proper understanding of what your needs are.
You’ll be asked to remove your clothes and keep your underwear on. You will lie on the table face down and our massage therapists will cover you with towels to keep you warm.
Our Swedish Massage involves working the soft tissue of the body, to ease day-to-day stresses, and promote full relaxation. The massage therapist will use different gentle techniques to melt away all the tension in your body using creams or oils to help with the process. It can be an amazing complimentary therapy working as part of an overall treatment plan.
Take into consideration that a Swedish massage is meant for creating a relaxing experience with long strokes using light-to-firm force, which may not be enough pressure for some people. In those cases, we recommend a Deep Tissue Massage for releasing the tension deep within the muscles.
What Is A Swedish Massage Good For?
The healing benefits of Swedish Massages centre around the relaxation that’s achieved both within the body and mind. This technique is great for addressing:
- Neck, shoulder, and back pain
- Sports or other injuries
- Stress, anxiety, and depression
- Sprains and strains
- Chronic pain
- Muscle cramps and spasms
- Joint pain and tightness
It’s important to note that a Swedish Massage is not a substitute for medical treatment. It’s always best to consult with your doctor before trying any new form of therapy, especially if you have a medical condition.
After The Massage
After your Swedish Massage, you’ll be allowed to dress in private. We will provide a hot towel for you to clean up and remove any residual oil or cream used for the massage.
For the final touch, we offer herbal tea and water so that you’re fully relaxed, hydrated, and ready to go back to your activities.
Massages, in general, promote detoxification, boost circulation, and provide an overall sense of relaxation. Depending on the type of massage you receive, you may even feel some soreness and tenderness, which is completely normal a few days after the massage. Be sure to always follow any instructions or advice provided by your massage therapist.
- Stay hydrated.
- Rest for at least 24 hours so your muscles have time to repair. If you have to stay on the go, be sure to take it easy and avoid any over-exertion.
- Do some light stretching.
- If you’re sore, you can take a cold shower or a warm bath with Epsom salts. Avoid hot water as that can increase inflammation.
- Have a light snack and skip heavy meals.
- Plan ahead so you can focus on relaxing for the rest of the day.
- Listen to your body. If you experience any severe discomfort or pain after the massage, contact your massage therapist or healthcare provider.
Massage therapies are generally safe and effective, but there are moments when it’s not safe for a person to receive certain therapeutic massage techniques. In some cases, our massage therapists can still provide the massage by modifying the treatment based on your condition or by avoiding any affected areas of the body.
Several conditions could respond adversely to a massage, including
- Contagious conditions, whether viral or parasitic
- Inflammation/swelling from an injury
- Recent surgery or fractures
- Skin conditions such as burns, blisters, rashes, or severe sunburns
- Nausea or dizziness
- Deep vein thrombosis
- High blood pressure
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs
30 minutes $50
45 minutes $69
60 minutes $89
90 minutes $139
120 minutes $179
Start1 January 2024 Price not included GST