Getting a massage is one of the best ways to relax and unwind after a long week at work. But did you know that choosing the right massage provider can make a big difference in the quality of your massage—and how much you pay for it? Here’s what you need to know.
When it comes to massage, there are a lot of options out there. From Swedish massages to Thai massages, and relaxation to deep tissue massages, or even remedial massages. There is something suitable for everyone. While all massages have their own unique benefits, not all massage providers are created equal. That’s why it’s important to do your research before you book an appointment.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a massage provider:
– Make sure they’re accredited. There are a lot of fly-by-night operations out there, so you’ll want to make sure your provider is accredited by a reputable organisation, like the Australian Massage Therapy Association or the Massage and Myotherapy Australia association.
– If you have health insurance, see if your provider offers discounts for using their services. For example, at Capital Wellness, for a remedial massage health fund providers offer up to 75% rebate depending on the level of health insurance.
– Ask about their experience. It’s always a good idea to ask about your therapist’s experience and training before booking an appointment. This way, you can be sure you’re getting the best possible treatment.
– Find out what kinds of massages they offer. Not all providers offer the same types of massages, so be sure to find one that offers the type of massage you’re looking for.
– Ask about additional services. Some providers offer additional services like Thai Herb Steam Therapy, Aromatherapy and Facial Massage, so be sure to ask about these before booking an appointment.
– Get recommendations from friends or family members. If you know someone who’s gotten a great massage recently, ask them for a recommendation. Chances are, they’ll be able to point you in the right direction.
By following these tips, you’ll be sure to find the right massage provider for your needs – and get the best possible value for your money. So, what are you waiting for? Book an appointment today!
Five signs indicating it’s time for a Remedial Massage
There are several conditions that can be effectively treated by massage. However it is important that you only visit suitably trained massage therapists to receive this treatment.
1. Anxiety or Depression
Remedial massage can help someone cope with anxiety or depression. Regular massage sessions can result in a decrease in cortisol levels, which are produced when one experiences stress. Massage can also increase your serotonin and dopamine levels. In doing so, massage relieves stress and significantly improve your mood.
2. Repetitive Motion Disorder
Any type of prolonged and repetitive activity, including poor posture, can result in compression of nerves, ligaments, tendons, muscles and tissue. Repetitive motion disorders include a range of muscular conditions that are caused by repeated motions performed in the course of a regular work day or other routine activity. This can inevitably lead to overuse and repetitive motion disorder. For example, Tennis players, usually get what’s commonly known as the tennis elbow. A chef who chops ingredients the whole day, or an employee who types on their computer all day can get repetitive motion disorders. Fortunately, remedial massage can treat these
3. Back pain
Massage therapy can provide substantial pain relief and assist with healing, for people suffering from lower back pain. Back pain is a common condition in adults. It can occur for many reasons, such as improper lifting, inactivity, and even through normal wear and tear of the body. Remedial massage will relieve lower back pain, relax your muscles, increase your blood and lymph flow, and ease stress related to the pain or injury. Remedial Massage therapist are trained in a variety of techniques designed to assist and treat your ailments.
4. Joint Disorders
If joint disorders like arthritis, fibromyalgia, or carpal tunnel syndrome are problematic for you, remedial massage can provide pain relief, improved mobilisation, and reduce muscle tension. Massage will also reduce your stress, improve your mood and relax your body and mind.
5. Body Tension
Remedial massage can help with body tension including muscular spasms, frozen shoulder, tension headaches, Achilles, strains and splints. Tight muscles will be stretched; overused muscle will be relaxed and muscular cramping will be reduced all these after just a session or two with your Remedial Massage therapist.